III PLAN FOR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN OF FUNDACIÓN PÚBLICA GALEGA DA FORMACIÓN PARA O TRABALLO
The Fundación, by following the international, state and autonomic legislation regarding equality, reaffirms its solid commitment with the equality of treatment and opportunities principle.
The main purposes of this III Plan are the following:
- To establish and develop policies that include the equality of treatment and opportunities between men and women as a strategic and cross-sectional principle in every scope of action of the Fundación.
- To promote conciliation measures as a strategy to accomplish the equality of treatment and opportunities.
- To ensure equality in the different functional areas by erasing every type of direct or indirect discrimination on the basis of sex, especially that related to maternity, paternity, family responsibilities, marital status or working conditions.
- To apply the gender perspective in every area, policy and decision of the entity (gender transversality).
- To advance in the joint responsibility between men and women.
- To establish effective prevention and protection measures against sex-based and sexual harassment.
In order to implement the Plan effectively it was necessary to create a situation diagnosis that covers different key areas to determine the modifications that need to be made and to initiate measures that would contribute to the advancement in equality of opportunities.
Article 46 of Organic Law 3/2007 states that Equality Plans must incorporate efficient monitoring systems to evaluate the objectives. Therefore, the Equality Plan includes an evaluation phase aimed at determining the relevance of the objectives, its degree of completion, the efficiency and efficacy and the Plan’s impact and viability. Some other aspects that are also assessed are the resources adaptation and the methodologies and proceedings developed throughout the Plan’s development. The evaluation of these features is also useful to reflect on the importance of introducing new actions. It also allows the identification of emerging needs that require action to guarantee the equality of opportunities within the company according to the acquired commitment.
Want to know more? Click here.