We are the Fundación Pública Galega da Formación para o Traballo (FPGFT), a public organisation assigned to the Consellería de Emprego e Igualdade, Xunta de Galicia.
We have been working since 2008 for our foundational purpose: the Galician workers’ training throughout their working life. Our main aim by doing this is to provide Galicia’s labour force with the knowledge, the abilities and the good practices that will meet the companies’ needs and the labour market’s requirements.
In this spirit, the Fundación is integrated in the Xunta de Galicia through the Dirección Xeral de Formación e Colocación, which is part of the Consellería de Emprego e Igualdade, and in cooperation with the most representative Galician trade unions and business organisations: UGT, CCOO, CIG and CEG.
Among our purposes, we could highlight the following:
- To promote, to apply and to implement measures directed to the configuration of an integrated system for professional training in Galicia.
- To promote the training policies’ efficiency and effectiveness through their analysis and continuous improvement.
- To boost and extend a suitable training among employers and employees that covers their needs and contributes to the development of a knowledge-based economy.
- To favour the employees’ continuous training, enhancing their professional skills and personal promotion.
- To provide employees with knowledge and practice that is suited to the labour market and companies’ demands.
- To contribute to the companies’ improvement of productivity and competitiveness, as well as to the stability and quality in employment.
- Any other purpose that complies with the foundation’s main objective: the training of Galician’s labour force.
All these actions are done through training initiatives, the provision of technical support, the creation of studies and projects, the hosting of training seminars and much more. Follow us on social media to stay informed about our latest activities!
The Fundación Pública Galega de Formación para o Traballo is a Galician public entity that was born in 2008 as a result of the transfer of responsibilities to the Autonomous Region of Galicia regarding Continous Training. It is a non-profit organisation of tripartite nature, as it is integrated in the Xunta de Galicia through the Dirección Xeral de Formación e Colocación, which is part of the Consellería de Emprego e Igualdade, and in cooperation with the most representative Galician trade unions and business organisations: UGT, CCOO, CIG and CEG.
"The foundation plays a key role in providing training throughout the workers' professional lives, improving their professional competence and personal promotion. Furthermore, the foundation supplies employees with the knowledge and appropriate practical experience that is required by the labour market and the companies' demands."